2. Dye C, Scheele S, Dolin P, Pathania V, Raviglione MC. Consensus statement. Global burden of tuberculosis: estimated incidence, prevalence, and mortality by country. WHO Global Surveillance and Monitoring Project. JAMA 1999; 282: 677-686. PMID: 10517722
3. Field MJ. Tuberculosis in the workplace. Washington, DC: National Academy Press; 2001. p 14.
6. Menzies D, Pai M, Comstock G. Meta-analysis: new tests for the diagnosis of latent tuberculosis infection: areas of uncertainty and recommendations for research. Ann Intern Med 2007; 146: 340-354. PMID: 17339619
7. Mathew A, David T, Thomas K, Kuruvilla PJ, Balaji V, Jesudason MV, et al. Risk factors for tuberculosis among health care workers in South India: a nested case-control study. J Clin Epidemiol 2013; 66: 67-74. PMID: 22521578
8. Rahbar M, Karamiyar M, Hajia M. Prevalence and determinant of tuberculin skin test among health care workers of Imam Khomeini Hospital of Uremia, Iran. Shiraz E Med J 2007; 8: 162-167.
9. Besharat M, Abbasi F. Tuberculin skin test among 1,424 healthy employees in Chaharmahal province, Iran. Tanaffos 2011; 10: 37-39.
10. Talebi-Taher M, Javad-Moosavi SA, Entezari AH, Shekarabi M, Parhizkar B. Comparing the performance of QuantiFERON-TB Gold and Mantoux test in detecting latent tuberculosis infection among Iranian health care workers. Int J Occup Med Environ Health 2011; 24: 359-366. PMID: 22086450
11. Talebi TM, Javad MS, Rahimi N. Comparison of chest x-ray findings in health care workers with and without latent tuberculosis infection in Rasool Akram Hospital. J Sabzevar Univ Med Sci 2014; 20: 505-510 (Persian).
12. Hashemi SH, Mamani M, Jamal-Omidi S, Alizadeh N, Nazari M. Prevalence of tuberculosis infection among health-care workers in Hamadan, west of Iran. Int J Infect Dis 2008; 12: e338.
13. National Collaborating Centre for Chronic Conditions. Tuberculosis: clinical diagnosis and management of tuberculosis, and measures for its prevention and control. London: Royal College of Physicians; 2006. p 43-54.
14. Fennelly KP, Iseman MD. Health care workers and tuberculosis: the battle of a century. Int J Tuberc Lung Dis 1999; 3: 363-364. PMID: 10331721
15. Sepkowitz KA. Tuberculin skin testing and the health care worker: lessons of the Prophit Survey. Tuber Lung Dis 1996; 77: 81-85. PMID: 8733420
16. Harries AD, Maher D, Nunn P. Practical and affordable measures for the protection of health care workers from tuberculosis in low-income countries. Bull World Health Organ 1997; 75: 477-489. PMID: 9447782
17. Jones-López EC, Ellner JJ. Tuberculosis infection among HCWs. Int J Tuberc Lung Dis 2005; 9: 591. PMID: 15971384
18. Whitehead M, Dahlgren G, Evans T. Equity and health sector reforms: can low-income countries escape the medical poverty trap? Lancet 2001; 358: 833-836. PMID: 11564510
19. Joshi R, Reingold AL, Menzies D, Pai M. Tuberculosis among health-care workers in low- and middle-income countries: a systematic review. PLoS Med 2006; 3: e494.
21. Mostafavi E, Nasehi M, Hashemi Shahraki A, Esmaeili S, Ghaderi E, Sharafi S, et al. Comparison of the tuberculin skin test and the QuantiFERON-TB Gold test in detecting latent tuberculosis in health care workers in Iran. Epidemiol Health 2016; 38: e2016032.
22. Golchin M, Rostami M. Tuberculin test in nursing and human-sciences students. J Res Med Sci 2005; 10: 172-176.
23. Doosti Irani A, Hashemi Shahraki A, Ghaderi E, Nasehi M, Mostafavi E. Lack of optimum practice among health care workers regarding tuberculosis in Iran: a knowledge, attitude, and practice study. Am J Infect Control 2015; 43: e7-e12. PMID: 25726128
24. Kassim S, Zuber P, Wiktor SZ, Diomande FV, Coulibaly IM, Coulibaly D, et al. Tuberculin skin testing to assess the occupational risk of Mycobacterium tuberculosis infection among health care workers in Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire. Int J Tuberc Lung Dis 2000; 4: 321-326. PMID: 10777080
25. Keskiner R, Ergönül O, Demiroglu Z, Eren S, Baykam N, Dokuzoguz B. Risk of tuberculous infection among healthcare workers in a tertiary-care hospital in Ankara, Turkey. Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 2004; 25: 1067-1071. PMID: 15636294
26. Yanai H, Limpakarnjanarat K, Uthaivoravit W, Mastro TD, Mori T, Tappero JW. Risk of Mycobacterium tuberculosis infection and disease among health care workers, Chiang Rai, Thailand. Int J Tuberc Lung Dis 2003; 7: 36-45. PMID: 12701833
28. Kayanja HK, Debanne S, King C, Whalen CC. Tuberculosis infection among health care workers in Kampala, Uganda. Int J Tuberc Lung Dis 2005; 9: 686-688. PMID: 15971398
29. Roth VR, Garrett DO, Laserson KF, Starling CE, Kritski AL, Medeiros EA, et al. A multicenter evaluation of tuberculin skin test positivity and conversion among health care workers in Brazilian hospitals. Int J Tuberc Lung Dis 2005; 9: 1335-1342. PMID: 16466055
30. Pai M, Gokhale K, Joshi R, Dogra S, Kalantri S, Mendiratta DK, et al. Mycobacterium tuberculosis infection in health care workers in rural India: comparison of a whole-blood interferon gamma assay with tuberculin skin testing. JAMA 2005; 293: 2746-2755. PMID: 15941804
31. Cremers AL, de Laat MM, Kapata N, Gerrets R, Klipstein-Grobusch K, Grobusch MP. Assessing the consequences of stigma for tuberculosis patients in urban Zambia. PLoS One 2015; 10: e0119861.